Saturday, July 16, 2011

Thus began the foodie's trail.

Yesterday night’s sleep, induced by my very content belly left me snoring till late in the afternoon. Once I was awake and alive again, I headed straight to the Car Accessories shop owned by my very hardcore kozikodan mallu friend from Vadakkara (Yes, the same place that some of my friends from the North East of India would refer as Ba-Da-Ga-Da!).

Working part time in a Car Accessories shop brought it own benefits. For one, I got a brand new and free Steering Wheel Cover for my car; for some time I played BOSS, sitting inside the owner’s cabin, watching TV and then I learnt a few new words in Arabic. Well that’s what I got from the shop. The best part of yesterday’s evening was when we closed the shop at around midnight and headed to my friend’s home for dinner.

Dinner was served past 1AM the next day, but what a dinner it was! His wife had cooked some delicious Malabar dishes. For starters there was Kozhi Vada (Fried Chicken Pockets), and for the main course Naee Chor (Ghee Rice), Mutton Curry and Chicken 65.
  
Kozhi Vada
The Main Course
After the dinner, we were chatting, cracking jokes till around 4AM in the morning. Even their kids were awake. What a wonderful way to kill the weekend night; at least better than shaking booty with some unknown females in a five star disco.

As soon as I got back home I hit the bed; another day without my wife and yet a very content belly. Wow! I woke up late in the noon again and immediately lunged on to my kitchen experiments.

Today I had a very English brunch; it was Beef Cutlets and Scrambled Eggs with Black Tea, Earl Gray. I couldn’t make milk tea because ‘mera doodh fatt gaya’ or as my very gujju friend would say ‘my milk was torn’ (The milk turned sour/curdled)














No comments:

Post a Comment