Wednesday, July 13, 2011

More Thanks

DREAMY BOY - Part 9/9 – More Thanks

One:
Yesterday my wife and kids left for India on their much awaited two month long vacation. Last night was my second lonely night of the year and as it has been always, these are one of the toughest ones to kill.

I was reminded of that day when I was finishing this blog. I was up till very late in the night, and my wife asked “What are you doing there on the computer…. at this hour of the night? Facebook”
I replied “No. I am writing”
She asked “Blog?”
“Yes” I said.
She asked again “You got the idea?”
“Yes” I replied again
“And when are you posting it?” She enquired with a smile on her face.
“Hmmm, maybe tomorrow or the day after…..just wait…. It is coming in eight parts” I replied.
She was happy, and “Wow, that’s good” she said,
I smiled back and replied “THANK YOU MA’AM”


Two:
One of my imaginary North Indian friend’s Delhi bred wife called me up and said “Hey Jeccub, tera blag padha yaar! …. It’s so good. So interasting ….. and your mammary…. It is so good yaar! Mujhey toh mere bachpan ka kuch bhi yaad nahin!” (Hey Jacob, buddy I read your blog … it’s so good. So interesting…. And your mammary …. It is so good buddy! I don’t remember anything at all of my childhood days!)

I know she meant memory, but I couldn’t stop looking down at my chest and replying back “Ahh! Just re-kindle it a bit. I am sure yours are better. THANK YOU MA’AM”



Finally, lifted this one from the FB status of a good old friend


Great lines by Dr. Abdul Kalam
“Sometimes it is better to bunk a class and enjoy with your friends, because today when I look back……. Marks do not make me laugh, but memories do”


No comments:

Post a Comment