Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Star from above



The star from above



No, she is not a lady, she is the sea
When I look into her eyes, I almost drown
When she is angry, it is like a wave lashing
Her laugh is a cool wave, kissing the sunny sand
Every time I touch her, she gives me a treasure
Shells and pearls of joy in good measure


No, she is not just a sea
No, she is not the sea, she is also the land
Her raiment is, but a river that flows merrily into the sea
Through the valley, along the hills,
And the landscape, that I adore
Her ornaments are, but like fruits on a tree
Fresh in aroma, they make a sumptuous entree


No, she is not just the land or the sea
No, she is not the land or the sea, she is also the sky
With her sunny smile and those deep onyx eyes
and her long black tresses like the dark breezy night,
heavenly and mystical, she watches from above
She roars and rains, yet brings joys abound
Quenches my thirst and instils life on ground


No, she is not just the sky.
Neither the sea, or the land nor anything earthly that I know

Blessed, content, grateful and overjoyed for this endow,
I raise my arms and thank, the only God I know

“Thank you Lord,
 for blessing my house, with this amazing star from above”

3 comments:

  1. ....
    magar eyy haseen,
    jab se dekha
    maine tujhko,
    shayiri aa gayi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sthothram.... Sthothram.. Haleluyia...Amen

    ReplyDelete