Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Night Before


Lying alone on a boundless bed
With a feminine scent all over my body
Staring at the smartphone in my palm
Hoping that something wonderful would happen
Something to break this monotony
A beep, a message, a ring perhaps
But nothing does
And so I wait.

I wait an endless wait
I fall asleep, with open eyes
I go looking for her, in the nether world
Faraway, somewhere in the mountains
Where she said she lives
In the deep jungles of my heart
Lost, in the vastness of my bed
I search.

I search, and then it rains
It rains, with thunders of her wail
and I am lost
lost gazing in those deep kohl lined eyes,
mesmerized,
As they burst like dark clouds and wet my face,
with droplets of tears running down my cheek
I drown.

I drown, as she pulls me down
Down into the depths
Into the depths of her teary sea, 
vast, sweet and salty
Amongst the rusted remains of many a shipwrecks
That tells tales of a similar love
Of love that was, at last found, not lost
Of love that lives forever
I rise

I rise, in love

In love, I rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment