Tuesday, November 6, 2018

What's your Catch Phrase?


Dad and Younger Son (YS) are having a bed time chat.

YS, referring to his elder brother:  “What do you think is his catch phrase?”

Dad: “I don’t think he has one. I don’t think anyone in our house has a catch phrase or a pet phrase”

YS: “Every time he keeps telling me - How would you feel if your son did something like this? – I think that is his catch phrase”  

Dad: “That, he is just saying because you are always doing some or the other mischief and doing some hazardous, risky stuff, and he wants you to be safe and understand things from my perspective.”

YS: “But it is so annoying!”

Dad: “Maybe what you are doing is also annoying for him. You have to understand, be considerate and look at things from other’s perspective also na? ….. Anyways, do you have any catch phrase of yours?”

YS: “I don’t know. You tell. You are listening to me. You know”

Dad: “I don’t think you have any. Do you think I have any catch phrase?”

YS: “You don’t have any catch phrase, but you keep singing weird songs, and that is very annoying, especially when I am studying or doing my homework”

And just as he said that, dad ejects his usual periodic wind “ptttt prrr ptt ptt ptt prr ppttt ptt prrrr pttt …..” and a reeking stench engulfs the room.

YS jumps up and begins to run out of the bedroom screaming:  “Oh my God…….. What is this?”

Dad: “It is Diwali my son. I am just bursting some safe crackers.”

YS, as he is running out covering his nose “This is very annoying. You must have some decency” and further adds dad’s advice verbatim “You have to understand, be considerate and look at things from other’s perspective also na?”

Few minutes later when the stench has subsided, YS walks in and tells “Papa, you don’t have a catch phrase. You have a fart phrase”

Dad replies: “Like this?” and goes on again “ptttt prrr ptt ptt ptt prr ppttt ptt prrrr pttt …..”

YS screams  “Oh no! Again?” and runs out of the bedroom warning everybody of the hazard in the master bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment