Friday, December 31, 2010

It's my birthday....

It’s the 31st of December and all my friends must be eagerly waiting for the sun to set, so that they can go on with their plans for their New Year’s Party. For me, like every other year this day is a hectic day. Primarily because it is my birthday today and I have to be awake very early to respond to all the phone calls from my friends and relatives.

My sons, Kevin and Yohan made great birthday cards for me and my wife, Tara just put a bang into the day and transported me back to my good old Mumbai days by serving me maska-pav and chai for breakfast. For lunch she plans to take me to my other favourite destination – Kozikkode with her Malabar Chicken Biryani. And to top it all, I’ll be cutting a Home Baked Strawberry Cheese Cake on this 38th birthday. In the evening we are heading to my friend Rinesh’s place for our usual ‘drink and get fit’ party that will go on till beyond midnight and after many days I will have the pleasure of snoring away in the passenger seat as Tara drives a very fit man back home.

So, all my friends who are busy, can go on with their chores and those who are just waiting for the sun to set and looking out desperately for something to kill their time can go on to my next blog post and have a relaxed read. I was inspired to write this after Girish R asked for our similar experiences on his Facebook note ‘My First Day in CREC’. Whilst most of it is facts, I have woven in streaks of fiction to make my otherwise boring life story interesting as also to avoid any legal comebacks, I have changed the names of some old friends who now are not part of my life… so, read responsibly and enjoy.

It’s my birthday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment